For your business to thrive, you need to perfect your offering, select the right sales channels, research your target customers, and more. But don’t worry, with a little elbow grease and a lot of caffeine, you can help stand out among the noise.
Tell a Compelling Story
The best way to win over new clients is to turn your website, sales materials and product into an adventure. By utilizing successful storytelling as a company, you’re able to craft the clearest message possible so that they will understand and see themselves in your story.
Your customers are the heroes of your story, and you can help them fulfill just one of their desires by identifying their problems and pain points as the villain. Helping them see the transformation they will get after they purchase your product will give them a vision.
A painter could stand out, for example, by identifying the feelings of embarrassment a customer might have if they don’t get their house painted.
If you focus on people’s needs and craft your story accordingly, they will keep coming back to you.
Invest Early in Analytics
As a small business, it is essential to have a data-driven marketing strategy to be more effective and have an edge over your competition. Data and analytics can help you make sure you are doing things right the first time and avoid making costly mistakes.
There are a lot of tools that are simple to use and allow you to view your websites user data. One example of this is Hotjar. Hotjar is a tool that allows you to see how users interact with your website. You can see what pages they visit, how long they stay on each page, what they click on, and more. This is a great tool to use to see what users are doing on your website and how they interact with it.
1. Setup Hotjar on your website for free and wait until you have about 100 visitors.
2. Then go back to view user sessions and see user behavior.
3. Look at the user behavior flow to see what users are doing on your website.
4. Identify any areas where users are dropping off or having difficulty.
5. Make changes to your website based on what you learn from Hotjar.
Lock in Your SEO Strategy
If you’re not getting organic traffic to your website, you’re missing out! Make sure you’re investing in organic traffic before you start spending on other marketing strategies.
- Create good-quality content on trending topics in your niche. Check out AnswerThePublic.
- Do extensive keyword research before creating your website content.
- Incorporate your primary keywords into all your website landing pages, titles, meta descriptions, etc. Check out UberSuggest.
- Use structured data to get better SERP rankings for your web pages and make your SERP listings stand apart from others. Check out Semrush.
- Focus more on local SEO and long-tail keywords. Check out Ahrefs.
- Don’t forget to take care of technical SEO aspects like page-load speed and website design.
If you want your website to be friendly to search engines, there are a few things you can do. For starters, make sure your site is well-organized and easy to navigate. Use descriptive titles and keywords throughout your site, and create unique, keyword-rich content. Also, be sure to link to other relevant websites and blogs to create a network of high-quality websites. By following these tips, you can make your website more search engine friendly and improve your chances of getting higher rankings in search results.
If you’re working on ways to improve your marketing, please reach out to Builtwell for a marketing audit to determine additional opportunities that might not be on this list.